Craig Hobar, M.D.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
Dr. P. Craig Hobar has been named one of the Texas Super Doctors as published in Texas Monthly magazine and as one of the “Best Doctors in America”™ for 4 years in a row. He has also been named as one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons. In addition to this recognition in excellence for his cosmetic surgery skills and care of his patients, hereceived in In Chul Song Award from the American Society for Aesthetic Surgery for his ongoing endeavors to bring charitable reconstructive facial surgery to children in less advantaged countries all over the world www.leap-foundation.org. Dr. Hobar has been practicing aesthetic plastic surgery, as well as pediatric and craniofacial surgery for over 20 years.
Dr. Hobar has been selected as one of the top plastic surgeons in the Dallas – Fort Worth area by peers in D magazine for multiple years. Dr. Hobar is Director of International Craniofacial Development at Medical City Children’s Hospital Dallas, and is Founder and Medical Director of the LEAP Foundation. Dr. Hobar has touched the lives of thousands of patients over his years as a plastic surgeon.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1982
- General Surgery Residency, UTSW Medical Center, 1982-1987
- Plastic Surgery Residency, UTSW Medical Center, 1987-1989
- Craniofacial Fellowship, New York University, 1989-1990
- Executive MBA, University of South Florida, 1998
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas as selected by peers and presented in D Magazine – multiple years
- Selected as one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumer’s Research Council of America – multiple years
- Selected as one of Texas Super Doctors as presented in Texas Monthly – multiple years
- Selected as one of The Best Doctors in America by Best Doctors® – multiple years
- Special Recognition by the City of Dallas for “outstanding philanthropic work in Haiti,” 2010
- Human Services Award to Dr. Craig Hobar and the LEAP Foundation for heroic work in Haiti, by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2010