Richard Ha, M.D.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Richard Ha serves as president of the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute and as a medical director of Epicentre Legacy. He specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and performs a variety of procedures including face/neck lifts, eyelid lifts, rhinoplasty, browlifts, breast augmentations and lifts, liposuction, tummy tucks, body/thigh lifts, arm lifts, laser resurfacing, fat grafting, and filler injections such as Botox™, Sculptra™, Radiesse™, and Juvederm™.
Dr. Ha also performs procedures for post-mastectomy breast reconstruction, cleft lip and palate repair, craniofacial reconstruction and trauma, pediatric plastic surgery, skin cancer reconstruction (Moh’s), and microsurgery.
Dr. Ha received his undergraduate degree with honors from Brown University and his medical degree from the Indiana University. He completed his general surgery, plastic surgery, and craniofacial fellowship training from UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Ha is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the UT Southwestern Department of Plastic Surgery. He is active in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, lecturing nationally at courses and meetings, and serving on several committees. Dr. Ha has been selected as a D-Magazine Top Plastic Surgeon 2008-2011 and has been recognized by US News as a Top plastic surgeon.
Dr. Ha understands that each patient is unique. His training and experience allow him to enhance his patients’ beauty in a naturally aesthetic manner. “Plastic surgery is an art that requires creativity and attention to detail to deliver outstanding results. I’m committed to the highest level of patient satisfaction and experience, and patient safety is always my top priority.”
For more information, please visit his website: www.haplasticsurgery.com
Education & Training
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 7/02 to 6/03
- Fellowship in Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 7/00 to 6/02
- Residency, Department of Plastic Surgery
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 7/97 to 6/00
- Internship and Residency, Department of General Surgery
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, 8/93 to 5/97 M.D.
- Indiana University School of Medicine Student Research Scholarship
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, 8/89 to 5/93
- A.B. Biology, A.B. Economics with honors
- Sigma Xi Honorary Society
- Hughes Award for Biomedical Research, Brown University
- Evansville Day School, Evansville, Indiana, 9/85 to 6/89
- National Merit Scholar; National Honor Society; Evansville Courier and Press
- Head of the Class Award