Aesthetic plastic surgery, or cosmetic surgery, involves procedures intended to improve or enhance normal appearance through surgical and nonsurgical techniques. All of the surgeons of Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute specialize in the full spectrum of cosmetic surgery procedures of the face, body, and breast.
The most common aesthetic/cosmetic procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck"): reshaping and tightening of the abdominal wall. Usually involves removal of skin, tightening of the abdominal wall muscles, and often times, some liposuction.
- Blepharoplasty ("eyelid lift"): reshaping of the eyelids by the removal of excess skin and fat.
- Breast augmentation ("breast implant"): augmentation of the breasts by means of fat grafting, saline breast implants, or silicone breast implants, to increase the size of the breasts.
- Reduction mammaplasty ("breast reduction"): removal of skin and breast tissue, which is done to reduce back, neck and shoulder pain in women with large breasts and/or to improve appearance
- Mastopexy ("breast lift"): Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them perkier and less saggy, often after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Buttock augmentation: enhancement of the buttocks using silicone implants or fat grafting ("Brazilian butt lift")
- Buttock lift: lifting and tightening of the buttocks by removal of redundant skin
- Rhinoplasty ("nose job"): reshaping of the nose
- Otoplasty ("ear surgery"/"ear pinning"): reshaping of the ear, most often done to reduce the size of prominent ears
- Rhytidectomy ("face lift"): facial rejuvenation by lifting and tightening the facial muscles and skin. Allows for correction of jowls, restoration of cheek bones, and tightening of the neck
- Browplasty ("brow lift" or "forehead lift"): elevates eyebrows, smoothes forehead skin.
- Suction-assisted lipectomy ("liposuction"): removal of fat from the body. Can be performed under general anesthesia or with the patient awake.
- Laser skin resurfacing: A variety of laser treatments are available to treat fine wrinkles, tighten the skin, and correct pigment irregularities.
For more information, please contact the office of your plastic surgeon at Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute.